Last time we showed you the best secret places to take your kids in Sydney, now we have a list for you to tick off in Melbourne (and surrounding areas). When creating this list, we have tried to leave out some of the more obvious places (although still great) to take kids in Melbourne like the Melbourne Museum, Melbourne Zoo and Luna Park.
1. SuperZu Playcentre - One of the very best play centres we have ever been to, with a huge range of equipment and attractions centred around a fully themed "Zoo" environment. The kids could even climb a giant volcano!
2. Enchanted Adventure Garden - This great venue has something for everyone including great mazes, awesome tube slides and even nature walks. Lots of variety, lots of fun and great for lots of different ages.
3. Taskworks - The children will get to participate in a great variety of activities such as exploring mazes, building with giant blocks, dressing up and testing their speed with the "whack a mole" room.
4. Winterfest at O'Brien Arena - The children can enjoy ice skating with instruction, winter themed games, activities and arts n crafts. While Winterfest is a Winter activity only, O'Brien Arena can be enjoyed year round.
5. Artvo - an awe inspiring and immersive art gallery where the children can step into a whole new world. Optical illusions are created by larger than life murals that set different and amazing scenes that the children can become a part of.
6. Clip N Climb - There are a lot of climbing and inflatable arenas around Melbourne, but none quite like this one. 37 climbing challenges, inflatables, the dark tower and the leap of faith. Great action packed attractions where you can be as adventurous as you want to be.
7. Australian Open - a once a year Aussie sporting extravaganza. You don't even need to love tennis if you are a kid at the Australian Open with the awesome kids zone. Set up with a carnival like atmosphere where there are a huge array of activities and challenges for everyone. January event only, but very worthwhile and increasingly family friendly. The staff do a great job of keeping all kids engaged.
8. Sidetracked - Access to laser tag, mini golf and ten pin bowling- all under one roof. Hours upon hours of fantastic fun for children.
9. Werribee Zoo - The Hippo Splash adventure in the summer months sets Werribee apart form other zoos and animal sanctuaries. The children get to not only see their favourite animals, but also stop the summer sizzle by getting wet at the water themed Hippo Splash.
10. Gumbuya World - An eclectic range of fun and surprising activities such as outback pirates, desert derby and berry twirl. The children also get to learn new things by visiting the Wildlife Trail where they will have unforgettable encounters with 52 species of amazing animals. Gumbaya has also recently opened a new water park - Oasis Springs for even more fun!
Since starting up the Corporate Kids Programs in 2013, we have literally taken our kids to hundreds of destinations and know just about every park and kid-friendly venue in NSW and VIC. When creating this list, we have tried to leave out some of the more obvious places (although still great) to take kids in Sydney like the Powerhouse Museum, Taronga Zoo and Luna Park.
This list is the ultimate list to take your kids to in the school holidays because some of them are lesser known, but just as great.
1. Challenge Valley at Cataract Scout Park - Tough Mudder for kids! Outdoor obstacle challenges with lots of mud. Great for kids that are active and don't mind getting messy. Fabulous adventure for any free spirited child.
2. Virtual Reality Rooms - The children get to step fully inside a Virtual Reality world where super teamwork and quick thinking will see them conquer a space themed adventure. This cutting edge technology makes the children really feel like they are somewhere else and gives them an experience they have never had.
3. Stomping Ground - Inflatables of every shape and size. Children get to bounce, climb, joust, crawl, bungee and slide their way around this action packed fun zone. The staff at this venue are some of the best - very organised, friendly and super helpful.
4. Tobruk Sheep Station - You will see sheep shearing, whip cracking, Damper making, a sheep muster, a duck show, boomerang throw and more. Children get to experience some of our greatest outback traditions in a fantastic bush setting.
5. Skyzone - There are a lot of trampoline arenas around Sydney, but this one has them all covered. Great facility, fantastic staff and excellent added extras like the climbing zone.
6. ANZ Stadium Tour - For the sports enthusiast! A unique experience which gives the children a behind the scenes look at the arena that has played host to some of Australian Sports greatest moments.
7. Ninja 101 - Who doesn't want to be the next Australian Ninja Warrior and conquer the challenges and the warped wall? Kid friendly, safe, fun and varied activities designed after the challenges in the awesome Ninja Warrior TV show. Makes you feel like you have become a true warrior.
8. Calmsley Hill Farm - A family friendly farm environment where the kids can get up close and personal with a variety of animals. Tractor Rides, Cow Milking, Animal Feeds, and guided farm tours. Great for every animal loving child.
9. Trees Adventure - Outdoor high and low ropes courses for any age. Gives everyone a chance to enjoy the adrenaline rush and even conquer their fears in age appropriate courses designed to bring out the best in everyone.
10. PAWS - Kids can enjoy expressing their creative side with workshops in Hip Hop Dance, Circus skills and drama. They will enjoy extreme fun aimed at developing their confidence and self-esteem.