Last time we showed you the best secret places to take your kids in Sydney, now we have a list for you to tick off in Melbourne (and surrounding areas). When creating this list, we have tried to leave out some of the more obvious places (although still great) to take kids in Melbourne like the Melbourne Museum, Melbourne Zoo and Luna Park.
1. SuperZu Playcentre - One of the very best play centres we have ever been to, with a huge range of equipment and attractions centred around a fully themed "Zoo" environment. The kids could even climb a giant volcano!
2. Enchanted Adventure Garden - This great venue has something for everyone including great mazes, awesome tube slides and even nature walks. Lots of variety, lots of fun and great for lots of different ages.
3. Taskworks - The children will get to participate in a great variety of activities such as exploring mazes, building with giant blocks, dressing up and testing their speed with the "whack a mole" room.
4. Winterfest at O'Brien Arena - The children can enjoy ice skating with instruction, winter themed games, activities and arts n crafts. While Winterfest is a Winter activity only, O'Brien Arena can be enjoyed year round.
5. Artvo - an awe inspiring and immersive art gallery where the children can step into a whole new world. Optical illusions are created by larger than life murals that set different and amazing scenes that the children can become a part of.
6. Clip N Climb - There are a lot of climbing and inflatable arenas around Melbourne, but none quite like this one. 37 climbing challenges, inflatables, the dark tower and the leap of faith. Great action packed attractions where you can be as adventurous as you want to be.
7. Australian Open - a once a year Aussie sporting extravaganza. You don't even need to love tennis if you are a kid at the Australian Open with the awesome kids zone. Set up with a carnival like atmosphere where there are a huge array of activities and challenges for everyone. January event only, but very worthwhile and increasingly family friendly. The staff do a great job of keeping all kids engaged.
8. Sidetracked - Access to laser tag, mini golf and ten pin bowling- all under one roof. Hours upon hours of fantastic fun for children.
9. Werribee Zoo - The Hippo Splash adventure in the summer months sets Werribee apart form other zoos and animal sanctuaries. The children get to not only see their favourite animals, but also stop the summer sizzle by getting wet at the water themed Hippo Splash.
10. Gumbuya World - An eclectic range of fun and surprising activities such as outback pirates, desert derby and berry twirl. The children also get to learn new things by visiting the Wildlife Trail where they will have unforgettable encounters with 52 species of amazing animals. Gumbaya has also recently opened a new water park - Oasis Springs for even more fun!